Friday, January 21, 2011

Spicy shredded chicken burritos

Shredded chicken burritos with toppings

These are so easy to make and so delicious. The leftover meat can be used in sandwiches, soups or even as a main dish. I always make far more than needed so I can have easy meals for several days.

It's simple. Sautee some garlic and onions in a tablespoon of oil over medium heat until soft.

Add several boneless skinless chicken breasts and water to cover.  It's OK if they're flozen.  Adjust the heat to maintain a low rolling boil.

Add enough water to fully cover the uncooked chicken

Add seasonings. I used some adobo paste, cayenne pepper and a little chicken bouillon. The adobo turned mine a beautiful rusty red color that serves as a warning to the weak-tongued:  Spicy!!

The chicken is starting to fall apart

Watch the water.  You'll probably need to add some as it evaporates.

When the chicken starts to fall apart when poked with a large spoon, lower the heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.  That's all there is to it!  Serve with flour tortillas, salsa, onions, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream... whatever you desire.

Finished!  Succulent, juicy and flavorful

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't find the adobo, so I cut up some jalapenos and added them to the onions in the frying pan. It was just spicy enough! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like what I'm looking for, I need measurements on seasonings.

    I like it spicy enough to make the inside of my ears start itching but I still want to taste the rest of my food. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete